- In early 2013, BBI set out to create the next junior Montney producer. BBI's initial focus was to build a talented management team and a sizeable Montney position in a highly prospective area by being ahead of the curve.
- BBI has successfully executed Phase 1 of this strategy. In 2013 and 2014, BBI was early and built a large 46 section, contiguous land position (50 total sections) of multi zone Montney acreage in the Elmworth area. Blackbird is focused on the Upper and Middle Montney.
- BBI's land acquisitions were timely given the industry successes in both the Upper and Middle Montney around and moving towards BBI's Elmworth lands.
- BBI is now executing Phase 2 of this strategy, which is as follows:
- Drill to delineate, derisk and define the liquids rich Upper and Middle Montney in Elmworth
- Continue to add Montney potential lands in and around Elmworth
- Continue to monetize remaining non-core assets