As a company that looks to become an industry leader, Blackbird takes its Health and Safety policies very seriously. Our overriding drive and commitment to best practices with respect to health and safety is paramount. We see this as the base to our operations and the safety of all of our stakeholders depends on this drive.
Our Health and Safety mantra is:
We look to conduct our operations in a manner that minimizes adverse effects and consequences of emergency situations through:
- Providing and maintaining a safe work environment with proper policies, procedures, standards, training, equipment and emergency response procedures in accordance with government regulations and standards, as well as industry codes, practices and guidelines;
- Ensuring prompt, effective response to and resolution of emergency situations and environmental incidents;
- Providing appropriate health, safety and environmental training;
- Communicating openly with members of the public regarding our activities, and remaining sensitive to public concerns and to those of our stakeholders; and
- Regular review and improvement of our policies and procedures.
All management, employees, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers engaged on behalf of Blackbird are responsible for following all of Blackbird's health, safety and environmental procedures as required, and participate in pertinent safety and environmental training. By fulfilling Blackbird's safety and environmental responsibilities, everyone who works for Blackbird will share in the benefits of a safe work environment.